Apple and rosemary crowns with wild mushrooms and puy lentils
Preparation time 15 minutes
Cooking time 50 minutes
For the potato crowns:
1 cooking apple, peeled and chopped
1kg potatoes, peeled
40g vegan margarine
2 tsp fresh rosemary, finely chopped
1 spring onion, finely sliced
Salt and pepper, to taste
For the filling:
2 onions, finely sliced
5 cloves garlic, crushed
1 tsp paprika
2 tbsp olive oil
300g mixed mushrooms, sliced
1 tsp soy sauce
100ml vegetable stock
20ml vegan white wine
75ml soya cream
150g cooked puy lentils
100g wild mushrooms
100g pine nuts
25g vegan margarine
A little paprika
1. Preheat oven to 190C.
2. For the potato crowns: Cook the apple in a small saucepan with a splash of water until stewed.
3. At the same time, place the potatoes into boiling water. Cook for five minutes or until tender and then mash.
4. Add the apple, margarine, rosemary and spring onion to the potato, then season with salt and pepper.
5. Place the potato mixture into a piping bag and pipe into individual serving dishes to create the crowns.
6. Place the crowns in the oven for 15 minutes or until crispy. Alternatively, brown under a grill.
7. For the filling: Gently fry the onions, garlic and paprika in the oil for 10 minutes. Add the mixed mushrooms and soy sauce. Cook for five minutes then add the stock.
8. Add the wine, soya cream and lentils, then cook for five minutes.
9. In a separate pan gently sauté the wild mushrooms and pine nuts in the margarine.
10. To serve: place the mixed mushroom filling in the middle of each dish and top with the wild mushroom and pine nut mixture.
11. Garnish with chives and paprika.