Preparation time 10 minutes
Cooking time 30-40 minutes
1 onion, sliced
1 tbsp olive oil
3 garlic cloves, crushed
100g asparagus, cut into pieces
200g of artichokes halves in oil, drained
45g gherkins, finely chopped
25g black olives, pitted
200g button mushrooms, cut in half
1 tbsp tomato puree
200g paella rice
½ tsp turmeric powder
1 litre vegetable stock
10 cherry tomatoes, cut in half
5g fresh tarragon, chopped
50g sun-dried tomato puree
15g toasted flaked almonds
1 lemon, cut into wedges
1. Place your paella pan onto the barbeque and allow to heat up.
2. Gently fry the onion in oil for five minutes before adding the garlic and frying briefly for about 30 seconds.
3. Add the asparagus and continue to cook for 5 more minutes.
4. Add the artichokes, capers, gherkins, olives, mushrooms and tomato puree. Continue to cook for two minutes.
5. Add the rice and turmeric and cook for 5 minutes stirring from time to time.
6. Add the stock and cook for 20 minutes. Add more stock if required.
© Cordon Vert Vegetarian Cookery School.
Visit www.vegsoc.org/bbq for our barbecue film and more recipes.