Red Rice & Roasted Red Pepper Salad
150g Camargue red rice
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 small orange cut into segments
1 small orange – juice only
1 medium red pepper
100g mange tout, thinly sliced
2 spring onions, chopped
½ small cucumber, diced
1 tbsp parsley, finely chopped
1 tbsp mint, finely chopped
½ cos lettuce, shredded
- Preheat oven to 200C/400F/Gas 6. Rinse rice and cook in boiling water for 25-30 minutes until tender.
- Mix the olive oil and orange juice in a bowl. Season to taste.
- Drain the rice and stir in the dressing while still warm.
- Roast the pepper for 30 minutes until charred. Place in a bowl covered with cling-film. When cool pull off the skin, deseed and slice into strips.
- Arrange the lettuce on a platter.
- Mix the other vegetables, orange segments and herbs into the rice and spoon onto the lettuce.
- Arrange the roast pepper on top and garnish with sprigs of mint.