Simple Vegetable Soup
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 onion, peeled and chopped
2 leeks washed, trimmed and chopped
1 litre light vegetable stock
1 baking potato, peeled and cut into cubes
2 handfuls frozen peas
- Heat the oil in a medium sized saucepan and fry the onion
and leeks until soft.
two: Add the stock and potato and bring to the boil. Simmer for
- Add the peas and bring back to the boil, then simmer for
- Cool slightly and blend with a food processor.
- Season to taste and serve piping hot with bread.
NotesYou could also try…
- Using parsnip instead of potato.
- Making a simple stew by adding a tin of tomatoes and chickpeas.