Perfect Pasta with Bolognaise Sauce
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
2 tbsp olive oil
100g dried soya mince or 200g frozen veggie mince*
2 onions finely chopped
6 garlic cloves, crushed
2 red peppers finely chopped
4 tsp mixed dried herbs
4 tsp sugar
100ml vegetarian red wine or 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
4 bay leaves
4 x 400g chopped tomatoes
salt and pepper to taste
- If using dried soya mince soak in boiling water for 10 minutes
- Heat oil in pan on medium heat, fry onions, garlic, mince
and pepper for 5 minutes until soft.
- Add herbs, sugar, wine (or vinegar), seasoning, bay leaves
and cook for approximately 4 minutes.
- Add chopped tomatoes, leave to cook for approx 8-10 minutes
- Taste and adjust with extra herbs/seasoning.
- Remove bay leaves before serving. Serve with tagliatelle or spaghetti