Fresh Carrot & Parsley Soup
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 40 minutes
500g carrots peeled and chopped
1 onion chopped
900ml pints stock
1 tsp veg oil
2 bay leaves
3 cloves garlic crushed
2 tbsp fresh parsley
Salt and pepper
Cream or soya cream, to garnish
oil in a large pan and gently fry the onions for 5 minutes.
the chopped carrots and garlic and continue to cook for a
further 15 minutes, stirring occasionally to prevent it catching.
- Add the
stock, bay leaves and parsley reserving a small amount for
for 20 minutes, then blend. Adjust
the seasoning and add more stock if required.
- Serve with a sprinkle of chopped parsley and a swirl of cream.
NotesWhy not try these variations:
- Carrot and coriander of course!
- Curry it up with some spices and coconut cream for a delicious alternative.
- Why not replace half the carrots with sweet potatoes and try thyme instead of parsley.
- Make a meal of it – add butter beans and croutons for a hearty supper.
- Give it a tangy twist by adding orange juice, black pepper and a little tomato puree.