12 slices of fresh pineapple, griddled or char-grilled
For the Filling:
3 medium sweet potatoes, peeled, blanched and sliced
2 fresh mangoes, peeled, stoned and sliced
2 red peppers, seeded and chopped
1 red onion, peeled and chopped
24 pieces of lightly cooked okra
For the Curry Sauce:
200g creamed coconut
600ml vegetable stock
1 chopped onion
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1tbsp curry paste
salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. First make the sauce. Place the creamed coconut in a bowl with the stock and stir well to dissolve.
2. In a saucepan, heat the oil and fry the onion and garlic until soft.
3. Add the curry paste, coconut and stock liquid and season to taste with salt and pepper.
4. Now prepare the filling: gently fry all the vegetables in a little chilli oil until lightly cooked.
5. Place one slice of pineapple on each of six serving plates.
6. Divide the vegetable mixture into six equal portions and place on the pineapple slices.
7. Pour the curry sauce over the potato mixture and top with a second piece of pineapple.
Serve at once.