Mushroom and Arame Pate
10g arame (this will increase to about 50g after soaking)
2 tbsp refined olive oil
400g mushrooms, roughly chopped
2 tbsp tahini (make sure contents of jar are well stirred)
2 tbsp brown rice miso
1 medium onion, diced
2 cloves of garlic, crushed
4 tbsp vegan red wine
a selection wholemeal bread and crudités
- Soak the arame in cold water for 10 minutes, and then drain off the water.
- Heat the olive oil in a pan and fry the onion until soft. Then add the mushrooms and garlic and fry for a few more minutes.
- Place all the ingredients in a blender or food processor until a smooth puree is formed.
- Add a small amount of water if needed.
- Serve with wholemeal bread or crudités.