Veggie Sausage Casserole
There are many different veggie sausages on the market - just find a brand you like and use it for this casserole.
675g potatoes, peeled and cubed
2 tbsp vegetable oil
1 medium onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1 bay leaf
2 tsp dried thyme
1 cooking apple, cored and cubed
450g carrots, sliced
1 packet veggie sausages
275g chopped, tinned tomatoes
300ml vegetable stock
1 tbsp tomato puree
Salt and pepper to taste
- Put the potatoes into a pan of water and boil for 5 minutes (they need to be part-cooked only and still quite firm). Keep on one side.
- Heat the oil in a large pan and fry the onion for 2 minutes. Add the garlic, bay leaf and thyme and fry for a further 2 minutes.
- Add the apple, carrots and sausages and fry gently until the sausages are cooked.
- Add the tomatoes, stock, tomato puree and potatoes. Bring to the boil and then simmer for about 15 minutes until the vegetables are cooked. Remember to remove the bay leaf before serving.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve with crusty bread.