Poached Peaches with Cinnamon Ice Cream
4 ripe peaches orange juice for poaching for the cinnamon
1 vanilla pod, seeds removed
500ml skimmed milk
1 tsp cornflour, slaked with a little water
1tsp ground cinnamon
2 free-range egg yolks
1tbsp raw cane sugar puréed
raspberries to serve
sprigs of fresh mint to garnish
- Pour sufficient orange juice over the peaches to cover them and poach gently for 3 minutes. Drain, skin and refrigerate until required.
- Place the vanilla pod in a small pan with the milk, bring slowly to the boil and add the cornflour and cinnamon.
- Stir until thickened, then lower the heat and simmer for 2 minutes
- Whisk the egg yolks and sugar together and pour on the hot milk. Return to a clean pan and cook over a low heat (do not allow the custard to boil) until the mixture coats the back of a spoon.
- Transfer to an ice cream machine and churn for 15 minutes.
- Place the peaches on individual serving plates. Spoon a little raspberry puree around the base of each and arrange a quenelle of cinnamon ice cream on top. Garnish with a sprig of mint.